Sunday, January 1, 2017

Hi, I'm Louise!

Litsy Name: Louise
Goodreads Name: Louise

I am a freelance writer/marketer/graphic designer/event organizer living in Western Massachusetts. I also work for a small theater company based in New York that offers productions and educational programs both in the US and across China, Taiwan, and Japan. I have wanted to "read around the world" ever since reading an article about Ann Morgan's reading project a few years ago, but it wasn't until the subject came up on Litsy that I decided to take the plunge. Once the seed was planted, it didn't take long for my enthusiasm to build around not only reading novels from 195 countries around the world, but also exploring the music and cuisine of those countries. There are many ways to learn about a culture, and I want to make this project as complete a sensory experience as possible. As I am also a musician (piano, lyre, & ukulele, mainly), I'm curious about finding sheet music from those cultures whenever possible. It would also be amazing to learn about cultural dances, as so much of a culture is wrapped up in its dance forms. Ah, we shall see! We'll let the novels and the Muses guide us!

I look forward to getting to know my fellow armchair travelers as we explore the world together! Bon Voyage! Gute Reise! Happy Travels!


No comments:

Post a Comment